The Gathering of Men
Food For Thought --- September 2020
The Food For Thought – It’s A Family Affair: “LEGACY!”
Greetings my brothers IN THE NAME OF THE L-rd! ABBA IS EXALTED, satan IS DEFEATED and JESUS/YESHUA IS L-RD Of L-RDS! (Pastor Charles Capps)
Hallelujah and Praise the L-RD! “It Is Not Over+ But The VICTORY Is Ours!" Fasting and Praying regarding coronavirus-19 is still warranted! Some still do not believe that the coronavirus is real. Look at the infection rate of college students! Please continue to read Psalm 91, employ it, and more importantly Believe IT! (NOW) We as Believers Must realize that Abba Will take care of US!
My Brothers—It is a time to REJOICE! Minister Raphael Stokes, from our Texas group, has departed this earth to be with the L_RD! Did not Paul say for Believers “to be absent from the body is to be present with the L_RD”! And does not scripture tell us to Rejoice when one leaves? Psalm 116:15 “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” Just SMILE when you think of Minister Stokes-Shalom!
We (Holy Spirit and I) continue to ask many of you to present a teaching or subject to TGOM for 2020. Again, this way we can share with one another on a more personal and spiritual dimension. Subject matter depends on you and Holy Spirit! What’s On Your Heart or What’s On Your Mind or both? Love, marriage, discipline of children, RESPECT, Erectile Dysfunction (ED), finances, business issues, ethnic issues or concerns, other health concerns, HIV, AIDS or other STDs, Health Disparities, Spiritual Warfare, KINGDOM LIVING, Living “KINGDOM” Single, Having the MIND of Christ Jesus/Yeshua, etc.??? Send me a subject of your concern, then call or text me to let me know that you sent it to me. I just need a Little Help my brothers (smile), Thanks…..
Pastor Henry “Doug” Pough of Mobile/Prichard, AL wrote this teaching for us. Pastor Doug is the Pastor of Lilly Grove Baptist Church in Chatom, Alabama. This month’s ‘Food For Thought’ teaching is another KINGDOM LIVING TEACHING! It also speaks to the fact that we are in a Spiritual Warfare, Every day that most of you “refuse” or just do not realize it. This teaching is a Battle Alert and so profound! Can you hear the ALARM my brothers? We men have to RISE UP and leave a Two-Fold Legacy, but the most important one is “What did You do for Christ that will Spiritually benefit your children and your children children’s after you have departed this earth”? Even in our/NOW/ can we, will we start or continue our Legacy? (Spiritual Warfare)! Read Hebrews 10:22-28 do you think or believe that we are in a Spiritual War?
How about reading and bringing a few scriptures to the conference call with you this Monday night so we can explore the WORD together. Looking forward to hearing my brothers on the line with us unless they are Essential Workers! Let us continue to grow and mature daily in the knowledge, wisdom, and understand the “WORD”, our L-rd and Savior Jesus the Christ (Yeshua being His Jewish Name) left for us to follow. Praise Abba our Father!
Join us on the conference line which has been established for TGOM Monthly Teachings so you can call in from wherever you are and participate during our meetings. The number is: 1-605-313-4147; Code: 348868#. A blog is coming soon for those of us who wants to chat a little longer on the subject of the month. Hallelujah and thank You L-rd! Please read, digest, think, implement, and change wherever and whatever you needed to make a change in your life! Change most often is difficult but is Worth the Reward in Christ Jesus (Yeshua)! Have you ever considered that a Change in your Attitude and Presentation COULD just Change the Attitude and Presentation in someone who is watching you unaware! (Oh, my Abba-Glory Hallelujah) Am I my brother’s Keeper? Of course, you are! Let me say here that I thank the L-rd for each of you who have volunteer these past years to write, spearhead, lead or direct a Monday night’s teaching. Also, to those who just dialed in for the fellowship and dialogue. Thanks, and much love to each of you. Guess what, I love you and there is nothing You can do about it! Shalom!!!!!
Lesson Aims: Raise awareness and understanding of leaving a legacy. Create a dialogue to share real life application in financial and spiritual endowment.
· A gift by will especially of money or other personal property
· Something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past
· a situation that has developed as a result of past actions and decisions
Bequest - the act of giving or leaving something by will
Everyone leaves a legacy whether they plan to or not. Everything we say or do leaves the imprint of our lives on those around us. As long as there is breath in your body, there’s an opportunity to leave a rich legacy of hope.
Our legacy will continue after we’ve moved onto the next life.
· I will be remembered for my attitude, presence, words, and actions that left a pleasant fragrance or putrid stench.
· In order to establish a great legacy, there needs to be an intentional effort every day with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Legacy of unconditional love for my family and friends
· “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins” (1 Peter 4:8).
· Many of us grow up believing that people love us when we do something worthy of their affection. However, God has called us to love unconditionally as He has loved us. Through His grace, the legacy of agape love can reach throughout many generations of family and friends.
How to Leave a Financial Legacy When You Aren’t Wealthy
· Almost 57 percent of Baby Boomers think they won’t have any money left in their retirement accounts to pass on to their family.1 So, what can you do?
· How can you pass on a financial legacy when you’re not Wall Street wealthy?
You don’t need a lot of money to have a plan.
Buy Life Insurance:
· The main purpose of life insurance is to provide your loved ones with some financial protection in the event of your death. Life insurance can actually be an asset to use to help out your loved ones.
· Covering family debts, including “final expenses”
· Maintaining your family’s lifestyle
· Supporting a child’s college tuition
List a Loved One to Receive Your Retirement Money
· If you have a 401(k) account, have you designated a loved one who will receive the money in that account in the event of your death?
Setting up a Will
· A will is the legal document that you set up with a lawyer that explains how your belongings should be distributed in the event of your death.
Teaching Your Children / Grandchildren Healthy Financial Habits
· Leaving behind a financial legacy doesn’t have to be only about physical money. Take some time to instill your good money habits to your grandchildren. This can help them understand the value behind money and how to make the most of theirs.
2 Timothy 2:2 And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
What do I claim as my legacy?
The legacy you leave is the life you lead.
· The legacy of our Lord’s obedience was the men He left behind through the life He led, and that was a legacy of glory for Him because that obedience qualified Him to have His glory restored after a lifetime of humiliation. (Ref: John 17)
John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
Joshua 4:21-22 And he said to the people of Israel, “When your children ask their fathers in times to come, ‘What do these stones mean?’ then you shall let your children know, ‘Israel passed over this Jordan on dry ground.’
· Leaving a legacy involves far more than handing down a monetary inheritance or passing on a good family name. For those things will surely pass away and forever be forgotten
· A lasting legacy, one that continues for eternity, is set in stone. Written on our hearts, and the hearts of our loved ones, belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of the Living God and Savior of the world is the legacy that lasts.
Leaving a Spiritual Legacy, a Priceless Inheritance
You can have an impact upon others that outlasts your lifespan on this earth. Following certain biblical principles, you can leave a spiritual legacy, a godly inheritance, which will affect the lives of others for all eternity
Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
· The single most important legacy you can leave is your children serving the Lord and thereby affecting their generation and thereafter. And the quality of your life in Christ will be one of the major influences upon them.
Joshua 24:15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
The wise will inherit honor, but fools get disgrace.
Bring other thoughts concerns and scriptures that relate in your mind to our subject. Did any of You make time to be in HIS Presence during this week or this
season? Did you Fast and Pray this week?
The Vision of the Gathering of Men is to assemble Men of diverse culture and socioeconomic backgrounds to come and fellowship together, learn of Jesus the Christ (Yeshua the Christ), of our relationship to Him, of our relationship to our family, and of our relationship to one another.
TGOM teachings will be coming to us from around the world! TGOM Atlanta body will be joining us on the conference call line on the 3rd Monday night in home or at 2001 Montreal Road, Suite 104 in Tucker, GA 30084 in the Alpha and Omega Headquarters Training Room at 8p (Est), and they will be Practicing Social Distancing. We are still asking for a $10.00-dollar seed offering to help cover the cost of the meeting room and to support AOAF.
TGOM TX body will meet this Monday, on the conference line due to health regulations regarding the c.o.v.i.d.-19 in Texas at 7p (CST) and they also will be Practicing Social Distancing. I hope to hear you on the conference call line. Everyone take care and stay health, safe and Blessed!!!!! For additional information, please call 770.710.7634 or 710.939.2460. Remember the Conference line # is: 1-605-313-4147; Code: 348868#.
(Note): Alpha and Omega HIV/AIDS Foundation and Health Initiatives International, Inc. (AOAF) is a 501©3 Non-Profit organization. All contributions/donations/gifts are tax deductible. AOAF is located at 2001 Montreal Road, Suite 104, Tucker, GA 30084. Thanks for caring and sharing… (Make all checks payable to: AOAF) PEACE/Shalom bb/ab